Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie: Cream Puffs - Part 2

I hope I don't get kicked out of the club for cheating and posting the rest of my puffs today!

This is another late night post, so you'll have to (again) excuse the quality of my writing and photo-taking.

When I saw this week's recipe, I was so excited to make the cream puffs (it was supposed to be a big cream puff ring, but I'll find any excuse to make cute little individual desserts). I've been asked to prepare a few desserts for a friend's upcoming baby shower, and I think this will be one of them. I love the fact that this can be made in advance, in parts, and assembled at the last minute.

I choose to use Dorie's pastry cream recipe, instead of flavored whipped cream. I was really in the mood for something like custard, and I make whipped cream a lot. I made the cream almond flavored, which went very nicely with the chocolate and toasted almonds on top.

These week's recipe really intimidated me first, but I'm so glad I conquered my fears (and lack of time) and powered through. These were delicious, and so much easier than I thought. Thanks Dorie! Be sure to check out all the TWD participators!

6 comments:

Jules Someone said...

Those look delicious!

ostwestwind said...

Delicious looking puffs!

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Christine said...

These look delicious! For someone was intimidated by these you did a fantastic job.

Jaime said...

the finished product looks tasty! great job. i was happy to find it easier than it looks too!

Mari said...

Your cream puffs look great and you've conquered your fear of pâte à choux, well done!

Jacque said...

Glad to hear it turned out well for you and you mastered something new. Your puffs look delish!